When you upload an image 7 width versions are created (height is dynamically calculated to maintain aspect ratio). The sized image is presented depending on the visitor's screen.
1500 pixels – most common
2500 pixels - for large, full screen
Image file size should never exceed 500kb
Current Image Size Recommendation
- At least 1 image at 2500 px wide by any height or 1000 px high could be the default.
- Image file size should be 300kb or less. Can go higher but never higher than 500kb is optimal.
- Additional 2500 px wide can be used for high profile people or events to be used as body/index page, middle edge-to-edge featured images (ex. Jason's Page).
- Additional images, for a slideshow, 1500 px by any height.
- Half page or 1 column body image: 520 px wide
- Make the image smaller than 520 and don't select "stretch"
Majority of traffic to the CAA site is mobile and laptop.
- Top browser widths April 2016
- 375x667 13.66% (number 2 all time 10.98%)
- 320x568 11.20% (number 3 all time)
- 360x640 10.76% (number 7 all time) - top 35.62% mobile
- 1366x768 * 9.92% (number 1 all time 12.27%)
- 1280x800 (number 4 all time 8.64%)
Profile Image Size (i.e. staff profile)
- Crop: Three-Four: 540 x 720
- Half size 270 x 360
- 200 x 200 Art Board
- 1:1 Square
- 3:2 Standard
- 2:3 Standard (Vertical)
- 4:3 Four-Three
- 3:4 Three-Four Vertical
- 16:9 Widescreen
- 2.40 Anamorphic Widescreen