Submit Academic Paperwork
Applicants who advance their auditions will continue to the final phase of the admissions process. Letters of Recommendation must be submitted on the required forms, which are attached to this page on the top right-hand side.
The following is required to be submitted:
- Letter of Recommendation from current English Teacher
- Letter of Recommendation from current Math Teacher
- Letter of Recommendation from current Head of School or School Counselor
- Independent School Entrance Exam Scores (More information and registration through ERB--ISEE. The Academy’s school code is 140627.)
- Current Year's Grades
- Official School Transcript including Attendance (for past 3 years)
- Three Student-Essays—Prompts attached at the top right-hand side of this page.
- (Recommended) Character Skills Snapshot. Character and personal growth are an integral part of The Academy’s education. Grades and test scores just don't tell us the whole story of your child. The Character Skills Snapshot gives us richer holistic information and illuminates areas where The Academy can help your child grow and thrive. There is a $25 fee to participate; an invitation will be sent after your child advances the audition. More information can be found here.
As a small school with a strong commitment to the home and school partnership, we require all prospective applicants’ parents to schedule a 30-minute Parent Interview with the Director of Enrollment Management after advancing the audition. This is an opportunity for parents to ask questions and get to know our school and programs better. Additionally, students applying into the 10th and 11th grades will be interviewed by phone or in-person.
Paperwork may be faxed to 312.421.3816, emailed to Jessica Phelan at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Admission Office: 1010 W. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60642.
All academic paperwork for priority consideration applicants is due by Thursday, January 31st. Academic paperwork is not required to submit an application or at the time of your audition. Admission decisions will be sent in early March 2019.